Sunday, March 15, 2009

To The Top of The Mountain....

I've been re-reading my Blog and it would seem that I am just a poor love sick little puppy all the time. There is a lot more to life than the hurt feelings from a failed relationship. I have friends, a good position in my company, get out and do things on the weekend, just bought a new truck and occasionally do have fun with my wife. I do have the feelings that I have posted in my previous posts and that is one of the reasons I started this blog. To be able to put pen to paper and express my thoughts is great. To tell someone else what I think and how I am feeling is relieving, it's not like I can discuss this with my wife...lol. Getting feedback through comments and having followers is exciting. I am sure that others have been in similar positions and true to human nature have got through the hurt and moved forward. I guess the fact that we feel hurt is validation that we truly do/did care for the one that made us feel this way. It's a shame that something so wonderful can also be so devastating.

I think that everyone during their life will have that "Special Love" & whether or not it actually works out and you get to spend your life with that person is just the luck of the draw. I am not talking about dating or relationships that are just so so. I mean the feeling of being connected from deep within your heart. My first experience with this feeling was 22 years ago with a beautiful blond haired young woman named Leah. I still think about her often and wonder how her life turned out. We would talk for hours and had so much in common. This relationship wasn't based on sex, because she was married and we never did have sex. Her husband got a job in South Florida and they had to move. After she left we wrote each other letters (this was before the Internet...lol) and would talk on the phone once in awhile. Eventually we drifted apart, with the promise that one day we would see each other again. Well 22 years later I still think about her often & would not hesitate to meet her anywhere if we were to get in contact again.

Concerning my blog I plan to continue posting about things I am currently experiencing and I'm sure I will put experiences from the past in the spotlight once in awhile. I may even post a few love letters that I wrote last year to the woman who currently has placed herself in my heart......

1 comment:

  1. As always your writing is so heart felt, you are trully an expressionist of the heart. Keep sharing and talking about your feelings, this is very therapeutic, and I know others can relate as well, especially myself! Can't wait to read your next post.

    Sincerley,
    Meagan Star

    ReplyDelete