Monday, March 16, 2009

I think I can, I think I can...

I guess the title is as good as any for a Monday. The weekend is wearing off and the reality of work slaps us all in the face first thing this morning. For some the shock won't be that bad, for others it's a thing of dread. I lean towards the first group of people as I have always worked and I pretty much like my job. Some of the people I work with make the day trying and for those pitiful souls who have no life and look forward to making things harder on everyone, I hope you all have flat tires on the way home.

The beautiful soul who lives with in my heart said she had a great weekend, visited her Dad and Brother, so that was one less worry for me today. We didn't talk a whole lot today as I have stepped back since her birthday. No need to torture myself with things I have no control over.

Going along with today's theme...Why do we put ourselves in the positions that we do. Always striving for something beyond our reach, hoping that this time it will be different, willing to sell our souls for the thing we so desire. It has to be the ongoing process of natural selection. Otherwise we would settle for what life hands us, live off the scraps of those that strive for perfection & be the court jesters for those that did work to better themselves. So for everyone who got up this morning and headed out to their jobs, strapped on their "OK I'm ready, throw it at me helmets" Way to go!! I hope that some part of today no matter how little it may have been made you feel like you accomplished what you set out to do.............

1 comment: