Wednesday, October 14, 2009

updating

Just updating and blowing off a little steam. No eloquent words, no BS, just letting it fly. I had a 4 days weekend off with the wife. I tried to do a little re-building while we were off and wasted another 4 days along with the almost 19 years we have put into this marriage. We did have sex one night out of 5 which I was unhappy with. I took her out every night to eat, went to the movies once, shopping riding around etc. By this afternoon we were talking divorce. That stemmed from me being upset that my 18 year old daughters and her BF think it is OK to lay around my house until 2 or 3 in the morning, way past the time I have gone to bed. I get jumped by the wife and by the daughter because I seem to have a problem with this. I offered to go talk with a counselor with the wife if she wanted to & see if we had anything worth saving. I'm not perfect, but I am so fed up with all the BS of marriage, life & responsibilities. At the same time I am scared to death to just step away. Being with someone for 19 years you get attached. I feel sick, tired and wonder why the hell do we as people keep trying. I think about saying to hell with it all quite often, but usually something will snap me back in line. I feel like a rubber band and keep wondering when the hell I will finally snap. Well time to go get in the bed with someone I hate and suck it up for another day. We'll see what tomorrow brings. PS. Nothing new with the woman I care alot about., Haven't had much to say to her the last couple of days. I pretty much have kept to myself other than the niceties of saying hello and speaking occasionally. I did tell her I was having a bad day today and later this afternoon she asked where I had been? No time to dwell on that fiasco. ... Heading to spend another lonely night with my wife.

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is amazing Mike, how our issues are so similar, just amazing to say the least ! Why are we so afraid Mike? What do we really think will happen to us if we ever get the courage to just walk away and live our lives as we wish too? I'm hoping the best for you, and hope that you'll get the courage like myself to do anything and everything you desire in your life. It's our God given right, and we really don't need anyone's else permission!

    As always take Care Mike
    Meagan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot see one reason why a guy like you should be suffering the way that you are. The wife and daughter are being totally unreasonable! Suppose you keep them up when they want/need to get some rest?

    Wining, dining, movies, no sex? Yes, counseling is a good idea before you pull the plug on this. You've invested too much time to just let it burn.

    Thanks for your supportive comment on my site today! I love knowing that you're there for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so scared of that being me at some point in my love life especially if I keep getting involved and staying involved with the men I'm with... All in all I hope you can understand that self preservation is a must and you shouldn't forsake your happiness for someone else, because in the end they will have no problem for going you for theirs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruh, I feel your pain and know it all too well. I'm only seven years in and trying to 'fix' things with someone without the ability to just love me. I don't wanna get divorced, but it doesn't seem like it will get better. I can't even imagine how you've managed this long, but I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New to your blog, hi :)
    We create chains... and then it takes so much energy to break them... However some of them are less strong than we think. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete