Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's Me Again.....

I had logged on earlier to write a little, all kinds of sad ass thoughts running through my mind and I guess feeling sorry for myself. Tried talking with the wife a little bit as she was heading to bed. She bitched about me waiting until "to late to talk". I told her no problem I can walk out and not say another word without having a second thought (which is what I did). I read comments to my post yesterday and felt somewhat better! Scanned through several blogs and read some interesting stories! Took a vacation day so I am off tomorrow!!! Planned to go to the woods, but it is supposed to rain most of the day.

I had a pretty good day with my little sweetie at work. Stopped on the way to work at Starbucks and bought her a latte this morning. A bit later me and "my little buddy" (the owners 2 year old granddaughter) went for a walk (she wants me to carry her) and stopped by and visited my sweetie. We had to show off the new words I have been teaching her and then we drew a few pictures. I think she really enjoys seeing me playing with the little one and is impressed with how she clings to me. I had went shopping and bought my sweetie's daughter (she's 10) a few things for Christmas and I wrapped them. Made plans to meet up after work and drop off the presents off so she could take them home, didn't want to take a chance on bringing them in the building for nosey people to see. Later in the day I asked if she had taken her daughter shopping to get her something and she said that she had made her something at School. Last year I sent some money home with her in a sealed envelope and told her to take her daughter shopping and let her buy her something. I did the same thing today and she told me I didn't have to do that, but I rebutted and said it wasn't right for her to have to give her money to buy her own gift. She was very appreciative and kept telling me how thoughtful I was. We met up and talked briefly, I dropped the presents off and we wished each other a good weekend.
I am sitting her now waiting for Monday to arrive so I can see her smiling face again.

I hope everyone's weekend is great I am going to try and hit the woods when the rain ends and may go visit my parents. BTW I hope you all make it on Santa's nice list!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet is this, such a good guy you are! What's comes to mind does your wife realize what a good guy you are? You may think the nerves of me asking this question with all my existing relationship dramas! I will tell you, my hubby is a good guy, other than being a little temperamental/self centered from time to time! It’s what allows me to excuse myself and exist on the other side. Mike, what's your excuse not to try and exist on the other side...just curious?

    Peace,
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete