Sunday, April 5, 2009

Maybe it is Contagious?

I have been reading some of the blogs of folks who follow me and I don't know if it is coincidence or if God is trying to tell me something. Megan at Life's Happenings had this David Burns quote at the top of her last blog... "There is only one person who can ever make you happy and that person is you". Alpha ButtonPusher had this one... " Happiness is not something you have in your hands, it is something you carry in your heart".

Both of these quotes refer to what I am looking for "Happiness". Maybe I am looking in the wrong place and need to look deeper within myself. It all sounds so easy, it's the getting started that is the hardest. I have always said I have a type A personality and as a part of that personality you tend to want to excel. It is hard to admit that you have failed. I tend to over analyze everything and sometimes my stubborn streak kicks in and I won't admit defeat.

How did I get to the point I am now? I guess it started with "giving" myself to someone else. I was truly in love with my wife (at least I thought I was) & I guess that is when my guard was lowered. Over the years ( 18 & 1/2) you keep bending, twisting and giving until what you formerly known as "yourself" has disappeared and you are now someone else. How do we turn back time and get to where we used to be? I think this is one reason I fell so hard for the person last year. She is much younger than me (16 years) and I think she took me back to a place that I wish I was in.

So here I sit with good advice from 2 different people contemplating how to make the necessary changes to achieve the goal I am after.......Happiness.

5 comments:

  1. Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your analytical nature may be serving you well with your latest contemplation. We can use those analytical skills to destroy us or better us. CHOOSE to use them to better yourself. It really means that you have to start looking at the positive things in life. Sort through all the bad, and look at the good.

    This doesn't mean you shouldn't take your week off. Actually, this would be a great time for you to do some thinking. Why not find yourself a great cabin and fishing spot, and go think! Just you. Don't invite anyone else--it would defeat the purpose. Take a notebook with you and write your thoughts out. It's too easy to forget those awesome thoughts we have. Why is it that we can remember the bad so easily, but have a difficult time remembering the good? That's just weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike you sound like this amazing guy who continues to give, give, give, and in return doesn't get back what he deserves!

    Unfortunatley we can never turn back time, but we can learn from our past and began a new discovery of self! Plan something special for yourself, get that 20 year old out of that 42 year old body you speak of...and use him to ignite "Big Mike"! Give to Mike for a change, be just a little selfish you'll be glad you did! Now put this plan into action, I want to hear this amazing post of Big Mike's new discovery of self and all the drama he's left behind...your followers wanna know, don't dissapoint!

    Good Luck,
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alpha Buttonpusher, I like how you say "silence within yourself" great advise from Alpha Buttonpusher!!!

    ReplyDelete