Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting it Together....

I don't know if the title is exactly the correct way to put things, because I don't know if I'll ever get it all together. I have been pushing forward day by day, trying to improve myself & the whole time my mind is working against me. I set goals and know that if I stick to them I can accomplish most all of them. The dark side of my mind works against me asking the question "Why Bother?". Not having a support system at home(someone who gives a shit) doesn't really help. I have always set high goals for myself and most of the time I have accomplished them. There have only been a few times in my life that I haven't achieved what I set out to do, whether it was work related or in a relationship. Right now I feel like I am at the crossroads of what I consider "Failure". I feel that my marriage is a failure & that the relationship I have been persueing in my heart is set to be a failure also. There are only so many things a person can do to win the heart of another and I am pretty much at the end of my efforts. I will never forgive myself for not stepping up and leaving my wife when I should have last year. I preach to my daughter that there are always concquences for your actions and until the day I die I will still wonder "what if I had of done this or that?".

I have been writing at home, mainly childhood memories that I would like to pass along to my daughter and any children that she may one day have. I have been very sporadic with my writings here as well as at home. Lately though I have felt compelled to quicken the pace.

Thanks to the person who comments on my posts and sends me an occasional message. You know who you are and I do enjoy logging in to see whats new with you. I hope all is well in your life.......

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike,

    It's always good to read your mind and hear how big Mike is doing? Seems like you're allowing your mind to make some changes, but like you said the darker side of your brain gets the better of you!. Oh how I know this to personally be true. Fear is the culpert, fear of the unknown, that bloody comfort zone and the minds reasoning of the game I double dare ya to change.

    Meagan...

    ReplyDelete